Internet Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Posting Tips To Earn You More Money At Ximmy - The Series - Part 1 - Choosing What To Post

MY XIMMY EXPERIENCE



Posting Tips To Earn You More Money At Ximmy - The Series - Part 2 - Know Your Audience

Let's be honest. Most people who joined Ximmy.com are in for the money. Most of us used to be fans of social networking review/voting sites. We were used to networking/posting/voting for fun. Then Ximmy came along and it opened our eyes to the opportunity of making money while doing the same things we did at Digg and other similar sites.

This is my second blog series which shall cover some tips for posting to help you make more money at Ximmy.

Part 1 of this series is all about choosing what to post.

Ximmy allows its members to post any of the following:
1. News;
2. Video;
3. Pictures; and
4. Website.

From my experience, I usually post anything that catches my fancy. However, while I was having an exchange of comments with a friend, it dawned on us that most of her posts that made it to the Popular page were mostly, if not all, just beautiful pictures.

So, I thought of it for a while, and eventually, I decided to analyze the trend of posts that makes it to the Popular page. Then after analyzing the current trend in what posts actually reach the Popular page, I was surprised to see that the majority of those in the Popular page are pictures.

The pictures that usually make it on the popular page are beautiful pictures of ordinary things like flowers, barns, beautiful places and things.

So, if you have pictures that you are willing to share, I would suggest you post it at Ximmy. Post as many as you can. And, most probably, your pictures will eventually make it to the Popular page. You just have to be patient.

Whenever I try to rationalize or analyze the reason why these pictures usually make it to the Popular page, I keep coming up with the same rationalization, that it is because it's easier to vote and comment at something you can readily see and admire.

The other thing I noticed and which I suggest should be the basis for your choice of what to post is the fact that those submissions which are either weird, funny, extraordinary or a combination of the three, are usually on the Popular page.

So, to sum up my tips for choosing what to post, I suggest you focus on submitting:
1. Beautiful Pictures; and
2. Stuff or stories which are weird, funny, extraordinary or a combination of the three.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, you can use the comment box below and I'll try to reply as soon as possible. For regular updates please subscribe to my blog. If you somehow found my site useful, please add me to your favorites at Technorati.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for useful information

Noah

PLEASE SIGN MY GUESTBOOK